All form fields are required.
If you've forgotten your password, there's no need to register again.
Simply type your email address and we'll email the information to you.
Do you remember your password? Sign in above
By Carol J. Buck, MS, CPC, CPC-H, CCS-P
Dec 11, 2012 • ISBN: 9781455744855
Suggested retail price $89.95
Also available as a eBook
on VitalSource and Kno
Learning advanced medical coding concepts is easy with Carol J. Buck's proven, step-by-step method! The Next Step: Advanced Medical Coding and Auditing, 2013 Edition provides an in-depth understanding of physician-based medical coding and coding services such as medical visits, diagnostic testing and interpretation, treatments, surgeries, and anesthesia. Patient cases reflect actual medical records - with personal details changed or removed - and give students real-world experience coding from physical documentation with advanced material. Enhance your students’ clinical decision-making skills and help them learn to confidently pull the right information from documents, select the right codes, determine the correct sequencing of those codes, properly audit cases, and prepare for the transition to ICD-10-CM with the help of Carol J. Buck!
- Updated content presents the latest coding information so students can practice with the most current information available.
- Stronger focus on auditing cases prepares students to assign correct codes to complicated records, as well as audit records for accuracy.
- Auditing cases in every chapter offer realistic experience with auditing coded reports.
- UNIQUE! Evaluation and Management (E/M) Audit Forms, developed to determine the correct E/M codes, simplify the coding process and help students ensure accuracy.
- Dual Coding prepares students for the switch to ICD-10 by accompanying all ICD-9 answers with corresponding codes from ICD-10-CM.
- Realistic patient cases simulate the professional coding experience by using actual medical records (with personal patient details changed or removed), allowing students to practice coding with advanced material.
- UNIQUE! Netter anatomy plates in each chapter help students understand anatomy and how it affects coding.
- From the Trenches boxes in each chapter highlight real-life medical coders and provide practical tips, advice, and encouragement.
- More than 175 illustrations and a full-color design make advanced concepts more accessible and visually engaging.
Educator Resources on Evolve
- TEACH Instructor Resources
- Lesson plans
- Answers to text exercises
- Ready-made tests and answers
- Test bank
- Interactive PowerPoint slides
- Additional auditing review cases
- Title:The Next Step: Advanced Medical Coding and Auditing, 2013 Edition - Pageburst E-Book on Kno (Retail Access Card)
ISBN: 9780323185639 Price:$89.95
- Title:The Next Step: Advanced Medical Coding and Auditing, 2013 Edition - Pageburst E-Book on Kno
ISBN: 9781455775323 Price:$89.95
- Title:The Next Step: Advanced Medical Coding and Auditing, 2013 Edition - Pageburst E-Book on VitalSource
ISBN: 9781455744862 Price:$89.95
- Evaluation and Management (E/M) Services
- Pathology and Laboratory
- Integumentary System
- Cardiovascular System
- Digestive System, Hemic/Lymphatic System, and Mediastinum/Diaphragm
- Musculoskeletal System
- Respiratory System
- Urinary, Male Genital, and Endocrine Systems
- Female Genital System and Maternity Care/Delivery
- Nervous System
- Eye and Auditory Systems
Appendix A. E/M Audit Form
Appendix B. CMS AB-01-44
Appendix C. Resources
Appendix D. Abbreviations
Appendix E. Answers to Every Other Case